Saturday, December 6, 2008

A busy week...

Last week was my 1st week at Medtronic. Everything went really well. The kids didn't seem to mind going to daycare earlier than they were used to, and Bruce and I even car pooled on Friday. I think I'm going to really like working there.
Friday (12/5) marked two very different anniversaries for us. The 1st being the anniversary of my Grandma Bongers passing. I wish she would have been able to meet the kids. I know she would have gotten a kick out of them, but I'm sure she's up in heaven watching and laughing.
The 2nd anniversary is that 3 years ago this past Friday (12/5) Andrew had his surgery. It is amazing at how much has changed since then. Lately he's turned into a little musician....he's constantly singing, playing his drums, xylophone, or pretending to play the guitar. This morning he was singing 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas', only his last line went "We wish you a merry Christmas & a happy new EAR" - Bruce and I couldn't help but start laughing. He also sings Bingo a lot, but in his version it's "E-I-N-G-O". This past summer he'd claim it wasn't Bingo, but Mingo, so at least we're making progress! One last little Andrew saying....for those of you that read this that knew my Grandpa Bongers, you'll laugh at this....when Andrew wants the lights turned on he'll say "can you shut the lights on?"....yes, a little bit of Grandpa is alive and well in my little blond haired blue eyed boy.
Jenna's been having fun with the Christmas tree. The ornaments are constantly showing up in other parts of house since she loves to take them off the tree and carry them around. Her other favorite trick is to walk by the tree and take a swing at any ornaments that look like balls. So far we haven't lost any ornaments, but just to be safe we've moved all of the special/breakable ornaments higher up on the tree.
Now I'm off to wrap presents, before the kids wake up from their naps :)

1 comment:

Cori said...

Glad to hear that the job is going well!