Monday, March 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

Last week we were reorganizing a few things in the mudroom when Jenna got into the hats & mittens.......She LOVES hats & mittens lately (along with boots/shoes) so she insisted on wearing the hat and mittens she found. She managed to get the hat and one mitten on by herself, but need a little help with her second mitten. (she even ate supper with the hat on because she refused to take it off!).
Here she is right after I put her 2nd mitten on for her:


Doing a puzzle (with mittens....just a wee bit stubborn, I wonder where she gets that from!):


Andrew being silly:


This past weekend was a busy one for me, well at least Saturday was. Saturday was Beth's (my sister) shower day....we had 2 showers & her bachelorette party all in one day, plus I had my dress fitting. I always laugh at how long bridesmaid dresses are, and wonder if there is anyone that doesn't need them hemmed! The 1st shower of the day was the Bongers side Aunt shower. Beth received a lot of nice gifts, and it was nice to see everyone. People kept asking where Jenna was, so I felt bad for not bringing her, but I didn't know what to do with her during the bachelorette shower/party. After the 1st shower we headed back my parents place to get ready for her bachelorette shower/party. It was an 80's theme.....wow did we all look good. Here's a picture of the sisters:
(me, Larissa & Beth):
Here's a pic of the bridal party (missing 1 bridesmaid):
I wish that I would have gotten a picture of her personal attendant Katie - she looked awesome in her 80's gear!
The kids spent the day with Grandma Fullerton at our house. It sounded like the 3 of them had a blast, while Bruce and his dad went to the Sport show. Both kids took good naps for her, so she must have worn them out. Then all 5 of them headed to McDonald's to eat supper, which seems to have become a tradition when Grandma & Grandpa Fullerton watch the kids.
Yesterday we played outside, and just had a nice day at home, which was much needed. Andrew spent a few hours outside with Will digging a moat in our sandbox, which worked pretty well with all the water that was in it. Amazingly, with all the melting snow, and puddles that are around Jenna did not end up in a puddle this weekend!

No comments: