Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Skating

Since Andrew is testing out Hockey as his winter sport this year, the kids have been doing a lot of skating (at least it seems that way).  I've been staying inside where it's nice & warm with Mikey while Bruce has been out skating with them.  I hadn't really seen either of them skate this year so I was amazed when I stopped by the pond to watch them.  Last year Jenna needed a chair & this year she's all on her own & is continually improving each time she's out.  She's already announced that she's playing hockey next year (if she actually does is still TBD).  Andrew could skate last year, but this year he looks more fluid & I was amazed at how comfortable he looks.  You can tell he really enjoys skating.
Here are some video's I took (these are from a few weeks ago - they've gotten even better since then):
Here's Jenna (she fell on purpose....)

They've even convinced me to buy a pair of skates and learn to skate (wish me luck)...now it just needs to get warm enough to bring Mikey out in the snow & I'll be able to give it a whirl.

No comments: