Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Bruce and his Dad were up north fishing this weekend for the MN opener, so it was just the kids and I all weekend. It sounds like they are having a good time up north, and the fish are biting (which always helps).
The kids and I had a fun weekend here. We didn't do anything too crazy, but just had fun hanging out. We built forts, played outside, made cookie dough, picked weeds, washed windows, did a lot of coloring, and finished the weekend off w/ a chocolate cake that you make in the microwave. Overall I think all 3 of us would say it was a good weekend :)
Here are some of the highlights in pictures (and video):

Jenna in pigtails......She finally let me put some in & didn't pull them out right away! Isn't she cute? I know I may be slightly biased ;)

The kids being silly:
Having a snack in their fort:
Here's Andrew singing....he entertained himself like this for 15-20 minutes:
Here's some video of Andrew on his scooter (he loves riding it):

Here's miss Jenna.............saying Grandpa, and of course Andrew, which other than shoes, and "no, no, no" seem to be her favorite words.

On Friday when I picked the kids up, I was asking Andrew how his day was, and what he learned, etc. etc., when he suddenly blurted out "You're awesome Mom", which made me laugh. He then proceeded to explain to me that HE is awesome and cute too. He's such a character. Then on Sunday without any prompting he came up to me in the morning and wished me a Happy Mother's day, and gave me a huge hug. When Jenna saw that we were hugging she ran right over to join in.....I have such great kids - I am truly blessed!

We hope that everyone had a great Mother's day weekend - we did!

No comments: