Monday, June 29, 2009

lazy days...

We had a nice relaxing weekend....didn't do anything too exciting other than catching up on things. We headed to Woodbury on Saturday morning since it was raining to return various things, and check out cameras. Later we weeded the garden w/ Miss Jenna's assistance. We only lost a few actual plants, although we're not sure how well the lettuce survived her walking over it, only time will tell. We ended the night w/ a bonfire with the neighbors, which ended up being rained out (not before we all had s'mores tho!). Jenna and I made it safely inside, but the boys got a little wet.

On Sunday, even tho it was a little cool (& very windy), Andrew insisted on going in the pool. We also let him go w/o a nap, and it went surprisingly well. Last time we tried it, we ended up having him lay down to 'rest' right before supper(he slept for almost 2 hours). We broke out the finger paints too, which was interesting with Jenna. Andrew painted some pretty cool things, it's been fun to watch his drawings/paintings change over time.

Here's a video of what happens to latex balloons at our house after they stop floating:

We are heading up to Hayward this week to spend Thursday with some college friends. Last time we were up there, Andrew was 2, Mikaiya was a few months old, and the other 3 (Braenna, Emily & Jenna) weren't around. We're excited to see everyone (& meet the 2 newest ones)!

Last but not least, I just found out last week (Friday right before I left) that I get to go part time (32 hours) at work. It's something that I've wanted to do for a while, so I"m glad that they are open to it. Starting the week of July 6th I'll be working M-Th, and will have Friday's off. YAY! I'm excited that I'll be able to spend more time with the kids, and I think that Andrew's excited about it too....he keeps asking if it's Friday yet.

No comments: